Friday, December 2, 2011

Six Months Ago

I love living in a state that has four seasons. Just when you think you can't take the heat anymore the leaves drop and it's freezing. And then, just when you think you can't wear a coat another day, the grass greens up and you walk with your kid's class on a field trip to the zoo.
As I sit here with a really cold wind blowing outside my window I was thinking of summer. Half a year ago we were in our friends' backyard up on the hill behind our house listening to Allison Krauss one hot evening. With the cool telescope they have you could see the color of her fingernail polish.



Interlopers on the hill who all agree a short hike is worth listening to good music 


1 comment:

jayna said...

I am so jealous of that- I miss the foothills so much! Now we only LOOK at them!