Thursday, January 12, 2012

Food Talk

I made this for dinner and my, oh, my. It tastes like an angel flew down from Heaven and put it on our dinner table. I used 16oz of tortellini because that's how much comes in the frozen bag that I buy at WinCo, and I didn't feel like trying to figure out how much four ounces was, only to throw it back in the freezer to live out it's life in a cloak of freezer burn until I do some deep cleaning. I put extra spinach in and served it with chicken. It was so great. 
Sadly, after all this excitement, I am the only one eating it. Zane and Wilson are out searching for lacrosse equipment and sweet Eliza is on the couch, moaning and groaning with a stomach bug. Must be the same one that has taken over my sister's house. Poor baby Hadley got it, then Mom, then Levi, then Carly. Their house is dark and quiet and I'm sure the washing machine hasn't stopped running for three days.
When someone has a cold you take them soup, or Jamba Juice. What do you do for people with the stomach flu?



I know, Carly--would you like a runny omelet? I can come and make one! Or maybe a cold hot dog, right out of the package? How about Cowboy toast with extra (fake) butter?? How about a nice steak with lots of gristle?? Any other ideas?

2 comments:

Carly G. said...

Stop! So gross!! I was teasing mom about her broccoli casserole because that's the last thing she ate before hers hit. The last thing I ate, before clinging to the side of a toilet, was chocolate covered peanuts and now even the thought of them makes me shiver. Sadly, this doesn't spill over into peanut M&M/Snickers territory, otherwise I might have really benefitted from this particular bout.

Zed said...

how about a bowl of that water that remains after you boil hot dogs...with the gelatinous floaties?