Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Home, sweet home



I love summer in Boise! We have so much to do around town, and even in our own neighborhood. Our friends across the street have made their side yard into a community garden for all the kids on our street. We spent the afternoon a few days ago planting herbs, veggies and flowers. The kids loved it and are keeping an eye on it.
We live in a Leave it to Beaver neighborhood. Not only were all the houses built in the late 40s and early 50s, but we have the kind of atmosphere of an ideal family neighborhood. There are lots of kids, nice parents, good dogs and pleasant cats. (For a twentieth-century touch, we have two houses with alternative lifestyle folks) There also happen to be nineteen Subaru wagons on our street, which makes for a lot of built in outdoorsy friends for us!
One other summer bonus is living 45 minutes from the time zone border. Last night I went out at 10:40 and it was still twilight. Another few days until the solstice too!
Any evening in the summer you can find our neighbors playing catch, jumping on the trampoline, walking their dogs or just standing in the middle of the street chatting. We kind of like it here and feel like the move into this house was a great blessing. I think Zane and I agree that this is the first of our ten moves that we know is permanent!

2 comments:

Carly G. said...

Your neighborhood is by far my favorite neighborhood in Boise. I'm so happy to live near you and to know all your fun neighbors :)

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the cute squirrels scampering everywhere