Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Own Awards Ceremony

Boo this week to:

*The guy who tried to run me off the road because I was slowing down to turn into a parking lot. He gave me the bird and called me a very bad name. I heard him even though my window was rolled up.


*The woman who works at my kids' school who doesn't particularly care for children. She doesn't even pretend. Unless the principal is nearby.

*People who make fun of Miley Cyrus. She is a child! She is a happy, spunky role model for my daughter! She's nice! She loves her family! Get over it!

*All the stores who have raised the price of Cadbury mini eggs to close to $4 a bag. They know I will pay it, and they are loving every red cent.



Cheers this week to:

*My sister, for instilling enough softball skills and confidence in Eliza for her to competently go to team try-outs.

*Our neighbors who got their dog to stop barking all day long! Hooray!



*Deb, from my ward, who gives the best comments in class, and who makes me feel like I will be able to get through these upcoming years of parenting.

*Petey the bird who has cheered up our household with his cute little face and pleasant chirping.

*President Obama, for rewarding my little family with a suh-weet tax refund.*My 34 year-old sister who made bread for the FIRST TIME EVER today. Woot Woot!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Heather...your blog cracks me up! I love the post on your new quilt and kitchen remodel! And it looks fabulous!!

Tonia Z said...

I think that woman works at my school too!!

jayna said...

I can't believe that rude driver!
Where would such a thing take place?
Do you think that it was because of your Obama love sticker?
The only time I had a car "incident" was because some guy in a parking garage threw his mostly-gone coffee at Tyler's jeep with the big "W" (as in George Bush) sticker....

:)

Heather C. said...

No, I took off my Obama sticker after the election.
Maybe he was just one of those kinds of people who don't like people to change lanes or slow down to turn...go figure.

PB'nJ said...

Heather - your blogs are the best! Even Layden reads them, and he doens't really do blogs that don't have grandchildren in them.
Cheers - no boos - for your blog!