Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas List

My kids have made their lists for Santa. This is the first year that Eliza's didn't include anything from here, which is tragic in my mind. She is too young for this to happen! Santa might bring something anyway, just to keep things going a little longer. Santa needs reassurance that Eliza is not grown up just yet.
Wilson's list was pretty predictable; lots of this, this and this. He has recently discovered Harry Potter, however, and now thinks he might need to make an addendum that includes things like this. As long as there are Legos involved, it's all good in his eyes.
I don't think Zane has officially asked for Christmas presents yet, but if he did, I think they would include an extended warranty on his body. He is one of the healthier people I know, and has always looked and felt young (picture me hooking my fingers in quotation marks here) 'for his age'. Well, that 'age' caught up this year and is making up for lost time. Z has had more ailments and injuries this year than he cares to think about. I think a close #2 on his list to Santa would be a more patient and compassionate wife. Maybe one who was a little more understanding during these understandably-frustrating times for him. That, and a big bucket of Red Vines from Costco. He's easy to please.
My list for Santa is not much different than other years. I would totally dig one of these, and am ready to add this to my collection of dutch ovens. Oh yeah, this would be awesome too. And I guess surplus items like those as well as a membership to this on my wish list are indicative that life is pretty good, and I should be grateful for an abundance of blessings.
I was in Target the other day and wandered into the holiday section. The Christmas music, wrapping paper, ornaments and stockings gave me the first stirrings of excitement for Christmas. If we could get a nice big snowfall year, that would top off my list. I love Boise, but a brown Christmas just doesn't always cut it for me.
Only 40 days to go!

1 comment:

PB'nJ said...

Oooo - I hope you get that hand-held blender thingy. They are fantastic. I finally got in to my blog and posted something. In the meantime, I have been loving yours - as always. They are so insightful. And that Bill Bryson book does look good...