Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving


Thankful
for a daughter
who makes cute name tags for the plates
each year.
For a son
who is cheerfully learning where
the knife, fork, and spoon go.
For a husband
who makes darn good cornbread
and sausage stuffing.
For two Grandmas who came from
far away
to live near
us.
For a tiny baby girl
who will join our family
in the Spring.
Ahh, feeling very thankful this week.



***

And I'm sure Mom won't like this picture but I love it.
We've finished the savory. Stuffed ourselves with
the sweet, and are now waiting for the Harry Potter movie to start.
My Mom makes the *best* stuffing in the whole wide world
and I'm not just saying that.

***

Granny taught the kids a fun math game. I loved watching
them get to know her more this afternoon. And the looks
on their faces when she would crack them up. I'm liking this
new thing we have going where we actually live near our family!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost started crying when I saw this post. I could just see everything that we missed and it made me sad.:{ Oh well, there is next year and we did have a nice day, just not as nice as if we had been at your house! Loveyou.

PB'nJ said...

Miss you all! There is sometihng to be said for staying in one place. We love our life, but we are far away from family, and sometimes we really miss that. Isn't it fun when everyone pitches in and helps?