Have you ever noticed how the only person looking at Christ in this picture is the man under the blanket?
My good friend Andrea gave the best lesson in Relief Society today. I could never do it justice by trying to explain all the cool elements she used to teach a principle, but the point of her lesson was that we sometimes are so busy doing things, even "good" things, that we may pass by, or not notice people who need us.
She asked for examples that we may have had with someone taking the time to stop and notice or help us. I was surprised at how quickly my thoughts turned to a night when I was in seventh grade and living with Grandpa and Grandma. I was alone in their house that afternoon, and feeling lonely. Mark's girlfriend, Adrienne, came over to do laundry and I was glad for the company. When she left I remember standing at the big window at the front of their house and looking out, feeling very sad and alone. A few minutes later, her car pulled back up and she came inside and invited me to come with her to her apartment. We spent the evening with her roommates and I will never forget how fun that was--she was a cool BYU student and I was only twelve or thirteen. But more importantly than that, was the impression she made on me by listening to the spirit, and then acting on it. She was the one who could help me that night, and she did. That experience has always been close to me, and I have always wanted to be like her, and not hesitate if I think I can be of some good to someone. Thank you to all the good women in my life!

2 comments:
What a great lesson! I have been trying harder to focus on the 'good things' and this is a great reminder
great point! I have this lesson next week, and you better believe I'm stealing her story idea... what a powerful example. Thank heavens for the people in our lives that listen to the little promtings!
Post a Comment