
Just the other day, I complained about how we Boiseans never, ever get good snow. You should have heard us this summer, when we were trying to convince Zane's mom that it would be ok that she was moving from sunny California to Idaho. She was worried---a lot---about the snow. What snow? we said. We never get any snow here! we said.
Today we woke up to a beautiful valley filled with lovely snow. A ton of it. The kids in this valley got a bonafide snow day and got to miss school. I told my kids to enjoy it, because it's probably the only one they'll ever get. And it was a fun one. The kids went out, all bundled up and I didn't see them indoors again for four or five hours. They made awesome forts in the front yard, using bread pans as brick forms. It was heavy, heavy snow, and they came in exhausted and smiling. If winter meant this kind of snowpack in my yard, I'd be a happy and content girl until Spring!

The neighborhood gang

The girls--building, not a fort, but a *store* out of snow!
1 comment:
So true! Love that the girls were making "stores"!
Post a Comment