Friday, June 17, 2011

Room and Board

Good thing he's so cute, 'eh

Sometimes I make up jobs for my kids to do. They do the usual---picking up their stuff, dusting on Saturday, feeding the pets, etc. But sometimes I feel that they need to work more. So I make up stuff for them to do that I could easily do faster and, well, better. They have to earn their keep, you know.

Zane has found himself on my hit list for people who need to step it up to earn their keep. He is going to have to start doing made-up jobs to do in order to maintain his room and board. (By the way, do you know what the 'board' is in 'room and board'?) While the kids do these odd jobs so that they can support their Ninetendo DS habits, Zane will be paying down certain recently acquired debts. Such as:

1. $150 speeding ticket. Yessiree. $150. Not even in a construction zone.

2. $200 for a new cell phone. It's awesome, and everyone in our house is in love with it, but it only necessarily came about after said husband neglected to purchase insurance on his old (very awesome) cell phone.

3. $verylargeamount for two new suits. Zane was recently called to be in our Bishopric (for you non-Mormons, it means he goes to lots of meetings and wears suits). Just kidding--it is a really neat privilege, and we are grateful for this opportunity for him. But it was really expensive to outfit a guy who didn't own anything close to a suit.


Good think I like him so much.


3 comments:

PB'nJ said...

I get it about the suits. Be careful - they can become habit forming. Layen now has seven! Okay - I should give the guy a break! It is his alterante uniform. He is required to wear them for on-post services, weddings, etc. You would think I could figure out a way to take a tax deduction on them, but no luck with that one. Oh well.

Written by Jill and/or Dan said...

The suit looked very nice.

Jenn said...

Try the D.I. An awesome place to get great quality second hand suits. :)