I don't know how many squirrels can inhabit one territory (i.e. yard). To me it looks like about fifty, but for all I know there is just one little family of three or four squirrels who have made our yard their home. Regardless of how many squirrels there are, I do know that our 60 year-old Oak tree produces thousands of acorns each and every autumn, and that these rodents squirrel (ha!) them away for the winter. I think they forget about most of them because about four million baby oak trees sprout in our yard every Spring. On this warm and sunny day I had Wilson and Eliza pulling weeds. And baby Oak trees.Friday, June 10, 2011
Summer and Acorns Have Sprung
I don't know how many squirrels can inhabit one territory (i.e. yard). To me it looks like about fifty, but for all I know there is just one little family of three or four squirrels who have made our yard their home. Regardless of how many squirrels there are, I do know that our 60 year-old Oak tree produces thousands of acorns each and every autumn, and that these rodents squirrel (ha!) them away for the winter. I think they forget about most of them because about four million baby oak trees sprout in our yard every Spring. On this warm and sunny day I had Wilson and Eliza pulling weeds. And baby Oak trees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment