:( Unfortunately, Jane is in poor health and has to move into assisted living. Anybody want an enormous Doberman?
:) Eliza got her braces off this week! She looks beautiful. She loves sinking her newly smooth teeth into sandwiches and Snickers bars and not worrying about the junk that used to get stuck in her tin grin.
Eliza, on her way in to have braces put on
:( Eliza is way older than when we went in for her first consultation at the orthodontics. It seems like just yesterday that they cashed my $4800 check, but, alas, my baby girl is growing like a weed.
Eliza, with cute cousin, Carlie, one day before the braces came off.:) I live in the most beautiful city. I love hopping on my bike and taking off in any direction. Yesterday I rode a lot longer than I normally do, and was rewarded with some really beautiful scenery. I snapped this shot with my cool phone camera. It reminds me a lot of this guy's work.
:( Zane warned me about the headwind on the way back and he was right. I think I have been watching too much Tour de France coverage and thought I was awesome. (Remember in 'Better Off Dead' when Lane Meyer's ski friend is explaining his broken limbs..."After the Olympics, everything looked so damn easy!") I made it back home in pretty good time, although I did get passed by one of those weird low-rider bikes.
:) Boise hit 100 degrees today. And we thought it would never warm up. I love these hot days of summer. It means we still have lots of summer stuff to do.
:( August less than two weeks away. We don't talk about that in our house. In fact, Wilson has declared that school is a swear word and we're not allowed to say it. That's ok with me. I'll pretend that these relaxing days of summer will never end.
:( August less than two weeks away. We don't talk about that in our house. In fact, Wilson has declared that school is a swear word and we're not allowed to say it. That's ok with me. I'll pretend that these relaxing days of summer will never end.
3 comments:
Loved this post- the pics, the catching up, the school swear word...and yes, Eliza looks far too grown up now! Grace is just getting ready to put them on!
I'm with Wilson on this one!!
When I saw that picture of the river I actually thought it was a Geoff painting! Awesome :)
Even though I've been out of school for ten years, I still get anxious when I see the backpacks and notebooks displayed in Target. Will that ever go away?
Post a Comment