Monday, August 29, 2011

Snapshots of Summer

I love these benches outside our library. The ends are capped
with big metal type-set letters.
Very clever and cool!

Baby Hadley spent the summer growing super chunky legs.
They are especially good with a little mustard on them.

This month I went to a podiatrist to find out why my foot hurts all the time. The doc said that when he looked at my x-rays and saw a sewing needle in my foot, he thought that I was going to be his easiest case of the day. Unfortunately, the problem wasn't so simple. Still makes an interesting story, though. When I told him I couldn't remember when or where this needle embedded itself into my foot, he asked me if I had attended any drunken quilting bees.
Look closely, you can see the eye of the needle...


And, summer wouldn't be summer without lots of baseball.
On our new TV.
Which we love so very much.
Almost as much as Josh Hamilton's swing.



1 comment:

jayna said...

WHAT THE WHAT?! I mean, I knew you were hardcore quilting, but that is nutso my friend! Like a real pioneer woman, you just finished trek with a sewing needle in your foot? Wow. That's all I can say.

p.s. I need some baby legs!!!