My sister Laurie always hosts a "cousins" party during the winter (an event that I miss every single time, as I'm 400 miles and several closed-for-snow-freeways away). This is a fun (I'm told) get- together for all of our cousins on my mom's side of the family. This might seem ho-hum to some, but how many people do you know who have 48 first cousins? The cool part is, we all know each other. We are a very well-connected family, thanks in part to yearly family reunions, close friendships, and people like Laurie who make a point of getting everyone together. Too bad this year my poor little sister had to cancel at the last minute, due to feeling quite yucky. Someone who lives near my sister, please go rub her forehead for me!!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You do have the BEST coousins. Get better Laurie.
I mean "cousins". Also the picture of your new pot (which, by the way, is oven proof) makes me want to drive to Boise and eat dinner with you.
HEATHER! I found your blog through Laurie, who I found through Michelle, who I found through Suelynn, who I found through Lanette... the long way around I guess. How is life in Idaho? (I'm assuming that I read correctly that's where you are). How is your mom? She has always been someone I looked up to and admired ever since I was in her young women's class. Well, just wanted to say hello.
Post a Comment