I am having a serious pity party for myself this morning. Excepting the years I was frozen solid living in Manitoba, and a couple of years I was water-logged in Seattle, I have always headed to Southern Utah in early Spring. It is my Heaven on Earth. It's red rocks and warmth are an assurance that I will make it to summer without becoming a victim of a Vitamin D deficiency or turning into the Wicked Witch of the West from S.A.D.
This year I told my kids we would stay in Boise for Spring Break. It will be fun! I told them. We will do crafts and go to a matinee or two! I said. We will save money that way! I told my husband.
We did do those things. We also babysat two guinea pigs, a rabbit, two dogs, one rat and a cat with a torn ACL. We enjoyed a visit from good friends and slept in everyday. But no matter how many fun things we do, this sums up Spring Break in Boise:
Wilson, in mid-shoot with his Nerf dart gun when a hailstorm hit as fast as you can blink

3 comments:
I will either pet sit, or come with you! I am with you, we are going somewhere warm next year even if we have to spend a small fortune. That is a great picture of Wilson, it really does sum up how things have been around here. Thanks for taking care of my gimpy cat!
I LOVE that picture of Wilson!
I WILL!!!!
Post a Comment