Monday, September 13, 2010

Well That Suc...er, I Mean Stinks

I would wash my kids' mouths out with soap if I heard them say that something "sucked", but sometimes that phrase sure fits. For instance, when a list of 'Baseball's Hottest Players' came out today, and this guy and this guy were missing, I thought to myself, "Well that sucks." But I would never say that in mixed company (you know, children and people over my mom's age...) So, on that note, here are a few items of business that deserve a "well that sucks".

1. These are my darling twin nieces just after my mom's U-Haul pulled away from their house on Saturday.



I am so sad for them that I have to remind myself of how awesome it is that that moving truck headed 400 miles northwest and stopped a couple of miles from my house.

2. I got a new church calling. I went from the Relief Society Presidency, where one frequently hears lovely phrases such as "personal enrichment" and "sisterhood", to Cub Scouts, where one frequently hears such phrases as, "rabbit pelt", "pack meeting", and "initiation potion". (Okay, I really am secretly looking forward to spending an evening a week with Wilson and his stinky friends)

3. My favorite elderly ladies *ever*, the local D.U.P. gals, unanimously decided today to disband, after more than sixty years of meeting together. I have been lucky enough to have been meeting with them for five of those years. They have made my life better, and when they all admitted to being too old and tired to get together anymore, my heart just about broke. I will miss them dearly.

4. When Zane came home from a bike ride a few nights ago, dusty from a crash, and with the biggest hematoma I have ever seen on his hip/thigh, I was busy chatting with my bestest friend from Utah and didn't pay much attention beyond saying, "ewwww." Turns out, it probably warranted more consideration than that. I would post a picture here but it would be kinda weird for you all to see my husband in his nudiness. In lieu of a photo, just imagine taking a bucket of blackish-purpleish paint and painting your entire thigh, from knee to hip. Poor guy. Oh, and speaking of Zane in intimate situations, I really do need to start a list of his midnight pearls of wisdom. A couple of nights ago when he began his sleep-talking, he said, "You know, Fall is coming up, and it's pretty good."

So there you go. At least Fall doesn't suck.


3 comments:

jayna said...

Your mom is moving here??! That is super exciting!!

And you will be so great at Scouts!!

Anonymous said...

Don't buy the overpriced yellow "den leader" shirt, I have one for you! :) Get excited hee hee! btw, those boys are going to love you.

Heather C. said...

Ok, thanks Bonnie! I was also thinking of getting a pair of 50/50 blue slacks and pairing them with yellow Crocs. All the other moms would be hatin' me