I want to make a cookbook with recipes that only require one bowl. Not one bowl to make them, but to eat them in. (Grammar Girl says it's sometimes okay to end a sentence with a preposition...what do you think?) I love bowls---bowls and quilts are two of my favorite things. They're all about comfort. I like the idea of everyone at the table with a nice bowl and everything they need to be healthy and full in that bowl. Veggies, protein, rice, potatoes or pasta...And it wouldn't have to be soup or stew. It could be a casserole or some other baked creation. So if you have any recipes that fit your whole dinner in a bowl (ok, and maybe a nice chunk of hot bread on the side) please send them to me! You might have your name in a famous book someday! jenningscolby@Yahoo.com
My pregnant sister, Carly, dreamed that her uterus fell out. In her dream she was more embarassed than horrified. I remember having crazy pregnancy dreams. When I was with child for the first time I dreamed that I gave birth to a paper maché baby. Very odd. What was your best pregnancy dream?
I made the best brownies in the whole world last night. They rivaled the brownies from this place, and that is really saying something. I have been making a lot of brownies. I used to make the world's best chocolate chip cookies. Then I paid an obscene amount of money to have a gas line run to my kitchen so I could have a gas stove and be one of the cool kids. Now my cookies suck. Do you have a gas oven? Can you make cookies in it?
I'm going to get my blog made over with help from my friend, Jayna. She is the blog decorator queen. And she has three darling girls who give me awesome hugs whenever I see them. I still think she needs a boy running around the house other than her super-tall husband, but she assures me that three children makes for a happy mommy. Along with blogs, she is making over her kitchen. I'm just the teensiest bit jealous. But she has to cook gluten-free dinners in that kitchen so maybe I'm not so jealous after all...(No need to send me any recipes for my new book, Jayna! hee hee!)
And now, for the picture of the week. Eliza and her best-est cousin-friend, Carlie. First when they were three and four. Then last month. They are soooo grown up.


5 comments:
What beautiful girls!! As for your choco chip cookies--maybe get new flour and soda... One of my wierd pregnancy dreams, having a litter of kittens and onw where all my teeth kept falling out. Haha
I dreamt I kept leaving my baby at the hospital and would only remember him about once a week.
I am a fan of ending sentences in prepositions...
That first picture makes me want to pinch Eliza's cheeks and get wrapped in a TarPaige koala hug. *Sigh*
(I left the banner w/o a border- let me know if you think it warrants one and I'll change it!)
Yes, this glorious kitchen that will be forever cursed to turn out small, hard, crumbly gluten-free baked goods! It's a shame I tell you! (Also, I'm a terrible baker with regular flour as well, so that could be the problem too!)
I vividly recall the dreams I had when I was expecting Grace...they ranged from finding out that she was really a boy to finding out that I had really been a surrogate and that I had to give her back to her biological parents...torturous- why do our brains do that to us?!
I have been trying to make a decent batch of chocolate chip cookies in my gas oven for 16 years and have never had success! Maybe it is the gas oven and not me???
LOVE this new layout!!!
Post a Comment