It has taken major surgery to get me to relax. I'm an anxious, compulsive multi-tasking Mommy and Wife...what can I say. So it hardly seems fair that just as I am in the middle of a much-needed respite when I have caved in, and am totally enjoying a whole lot of resting, reading and recovering, my husband and children come down with a stomach flu.
*
They are lying around, moaning, vomiting, sweating, and weakly asking for things like 7-Up with a straw and fractions of Saltine crackers. When I tucked Wilson into bed tonight, he cried, and said that the blanket was hurting the hairs on his legs. I told him I knew exactly what he meant. I've been there.
*
The great tragedy of all of this is that my Mom came over and cooked the most luscious dinner---fried chicken (for reals), mashed potatoes and green beans. She and I ate to our heart's content, mmmm-ing and ohhh-ing all the way. The kids couldn't touch it, and late tonight, in a groggy fog, with his stomach gurgling and burbling, Zane made me promise to make certain that he and fried chicken would never again be anywhere near each other.
*
Well, I guess seven days was a good stretch for this gal. Mommy's back on the job.
1 comment:
Oh man oh man...worth surgery to skip out on the flu perhaps?!
Hope health returns to all ASAP.
And way to be, Mom!
Post a Comment