Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thank You

While I am not ever going to be happy about the fact that my body rebelled against me and that I am old before my time (think of Holly Hunter wailing, "Hi, Ah'm barren!"), I am grateful for so much today. Hopefully this list encompasses everything.
1. For family and friends, who phone to check in on me, send cards and flowers, pray for me, and bring us chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.
2. My mother, who cooks like a dream and just plain takes care of business.
3. Nurses who pretend that doing icky things is no big deal, and for doctors who are smart and skilled.
4. Harry Potter Book #2 for getting me through a long night in the hospital.
5. My kids, who made me the cutest cards and helped Daddy out with cleaning the house.
6. Zane, who takes care of me.
7. Anesthesia, laxatives and pain meds.
8. A comfy bed
9. Beautiful Autumn weather.
Hmm. That doesn't seem like enough, but that's a good start. Despite the fact that all my muscles feel like I performed a gymnastics floor routine while I was under anesthesia (from what I hear from hospital people, that actually might not be too far from the truth), I am very happy to be on the road to a healthier me. Thank you, thank you, to everyone who has encouraged me and looked after me. I feel very loved today.

2 comments:

Carly G. said...

I wish I could have been a bigger help! You are one tough chick and I'm amazed how quickly you've healed!!

michellemcpherson said...

I didn't know you had surgery!! I hope everything went well, from the sound of it I am thinking a hysterectomy, appendectomy or, Lap Chole, those are the three most frequent ones here in our O.R. Surgery is no fun and the recovery is definitely no fun, hope you are losing some soreness, hope you continue to do well and yes I think chocolate helps, good medicine.