Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Whole Lot of Nothing

I think that the two weeks of holiday vacation the kids get should begin the day before Christmas Eve. Not a week before Christmas Eve. Let the festivites and the hype build at school with Christmas programs, parties, art projects and gift exchanges. All we have now are two bored kids who are running the danger of being grounded on Christmas morning.
I am pretty sure that I have been to Target more times in the last three weeks than in my entire life combined. They have pretty much everything I need in life. Well, at least everything I needed to go under the tree this year.
Santa better be putting peanuts and oranges in our stockings as he usually does, because we have all been on a steady diet of sweet breads and chocolate for a week. I thought that the kids and I could use some movin' around, so we all went on a little hike this afternoon. It was twice as long and challenging as it would be normally because it was so muddy. I always strictly follow trail etiquette and stay away when the mud will 'stick to wheels or heels', but I really thought it wouldn't be so bad. I was wrong, and felt guilty for making more deep, muddy tracks. Until our neighbor friend reminded me that the enormous houses that have been built on that hill are a little more intrusive and destructive than my running shoes. Anyway, I think some chilly, fresh air did us some good.
Tonight Wilson and I grocery shopped for a huge dinner that I plan to cook tomorrow. Somewhere along the way, Zane and I decided to celebrate his Italian heritage on Christmas Eve. So, on the menu, we have Italian Wedding Soup, Baked Ziti and Braciole (pronounced bra 'zhul). Yum, yum, yum.
Is it anti-Christmas of me to be drawing out plans for my garden beds in my day planner??

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

If I were to write a blog entry right now, it would be the first half of this one absolutely word for word! Have a great Christmas day!

jayna said...

Gardens have been on my brain too! And chickens! Spring fever is better than the reality of potty training...