
Last night we had Movie Night at the Gates home. Maybe my smart sister knows that Zane and I are too antsy, generally, to sit down and watch a whole movie so she sent us a cute invitation and she and our Mom made delicious treats to entice us. It worked! Usually Zane and I can be found folding laundry (me) or sanding and/or painting trim or drywall (Zane) while we watch a movie on our old, crappy TV. So relaxing and watching Inception on their rockin' TV with their rockin' stereo system was quite a treat.
And the movie was so cool. I spent the rest of the night thinking about the dream sequences--all those levels! The symbolism---wife being named 'Mal', Ariadne's totem being a pawn, the childrens' names being two of Christ's disciples, etc. Lots to think about! I actually looked forward to going to bed so I could think about my dreams in the morning.
*****
And this is what I dreamt: That I lived in my Grandparents' old house on 400 East in Orem, only it was my house. I was late getting the kids out the door to school (big surprise!) and I kept putting on the wrong shoes (not that they didn't match my outfit, but wrong like they were big clown shoes, or lumberjack boots that I couldn't lace up...). I couldn't find my purse and we finally just jumped in the car (I had to slam the car door really fast because a raccoon was running across the yard to bite me) to drive to school. I was driving up Geneva Road (way too fast) and passing big, old brick school after big, old brick school, but none of them were Eliza's new Jr. High. It seemed like it was hours before we finally found the right school. We found the office, checked her in, and then I started off to try and find Wilson's school---as if we had never been to it before, either. THEN I remembered I had PRESCHOOL to teach that morning and that people would be at my house in about one minute and I was still in my pajamas, etc.
*****
So, the moral of the story is that I am not nearly as interesting or deep or smart as Christopher Nolan and that my dreams are pretty much predictable, as they are just warped versions of my real life!
2 comments:
Aww you make my house sound so much cooler than it actually is!
We were glad to have you guys over, it definitely needs to be a tradition (NO LAUNDRY FOLDING ALLOWED!)
I remember after I saw the movie the first time I had crazy dreams for about a week, but nothing as exciting as yours.
So what makes you think THAT dream couldn't make one really strange and interesting movie? It isn't the dreams that need adjsting - you just need a good screen writer. (I mean really - ferocious racoons and clown shoes.....???)
Post a Comment