Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Photo



This home is being built around the corner from our neighborhood. It is a source of great controversy. Most people seem to hate it, some think it's cool, some wonder how he got approval from the Historical Society to build it. What they may not know is that (word on the street says) he included a moat in his original plans that were submitted to the city. Luckily for all, the moat was struck down.

5 comments:

Carly G. said...

Is he really within the historical district's boundries? I can't believe they'd approve that mess, especially with giving everyone else such a hard time on paint color, etc. Ugh. I don't like it!

jayna said...

It's an Disneyland Las Vegas EYE SORE to be sure. I'm glad Sister O'Rourke isn't here to witness it. (Although, if she were, I'm pretty sure she'd have whipped the troops into a frenzy and ran him out of town with pitchforks if she WERE.)

Anyways, my kids adore it. They made me drive by it on the way home from your house today to check on it's progress!

Heather C. said...

Ha! Jayna, your girls probably think that when it's finished they'll drive by and see a beautiful princess lady with super, super long blonde hair leaning out of the top window, singing to the birds and squirrels!

Written by Jill and/or Dan said...

It's a good landmark for me. I just say, turn left at the castle.

The Allens said...

I saw it last time I was in Boise, and try as I might I just can't erase that nightmare from my memory. All I can say is that he must know someone really well on the approval committee or else have paid A
LOT in bribe money . . .