Thursday, March 31, 2011

Utah: Life with the Jacobsons

Last year I swore up and down that we wouldn't spend another Spring Break in cold, rainy Boise. And so this week we found ourselves heading south on I-15 to see our friends and family and to soak in the sun of Southern Utah. .

My sister, Laurie, and her family are such a pleasure to visit. Their house is chaotic, hectic, fun, beautiful and comfortable. Sometimes I think it would be fun if I just moved in with them. We got to see my brother and his family, my sweet grandparents and my aunt/sister Bonnie and her family. Which is a big deal---I can't remember the last time I saw their whole family together. Thanks Katie and Austin for hanging around! :)

If you had come with us, these are a few of the things you would have seen.


Out of eleven grandchildren so far, my Mom can only boast of two grandsons. Good thing they're so awesome! .



'Nuf said.

And speaking of baseball rivalries... (...yeah, talk to me in October, Justin)


Cousin interaction, 2011-style (We did eventually make them put down their DSs and actually play)



If you think you know a kid who is serious about soccer then

you have never met my three nieces. They kick soccer butt.


They may have gotten a *tad* bit of their competitive nature from their Mom. Laurie is one cool girl. She runs this household like a pro and can even hold it together when a soccer ref allows a player to rough up her daughter (she called her onfield display of 'controlled fury' justified) or when one of her best friends was diagnosed with cancer this week. I know that she has tremendous faith in the Savior, and knows that life is impossible without His peace, but maybe this is one of her sources of inspiration as well:


1 comment:

LaurieJ said...

Thank you for documenting my life this week..it's been a bit of a blur for me :-) this post made me laugh and your pictures are awesome! The one of Justin and Zane is priceless...
We miss you so much already! You are welcome to visit our insanity anytime.
Love you!