Three cheers to the staff at the Provo City Library!
If you don't know who he is, Zusak is the author of The Book Thief and I Am the Messenger, as well as a few others. These are such great books. Life-changing books. I could go on and on, but will just say that he was so nice and normal and gracious. He signed books for hours. and I mean HOURS. We were in line for close to three hours before getting ours signed.
Signing my book!
I had him sign a copy of The Book Thief for Eliza, as she is old enough to read and appreciate it now. He wrote a cute inscription to her that I hope she treasures. I think she will, as she is showing signs of having good taste in books. (She warmed my heart this week by discovering for herself how silly the 'Twilight' saga is. She had been begging to read it for a year. I made her wait until she was 12. She kept running to find me to share especially awful parts--mostly about Bella being nearly consumed with hysteria when Edward would glance at her with his cold eyes. Oh the cold eyes! And cold skin! And...and...and...)
2 comments:
So jealous about the library event! Totally awesome. And a signed copy is something special for Eliza!!
Glad you guys had a great time!
So jealous also. I love the idea of giving Eliza a copy. I have been doing that for my oldest girl. The hiding place was number one on my list. Love that she realized Twilight was so silly. Sometimes I think I am alone in my opinion on that!
Post a Comment