It was sad to not see my nieces and nephew this weekend, but it was awesome to have their Mom here with nobody to interrupt our conversations! Hadley the baby doesn't talk yet, and so we were all able to enjoy conversation, food and baseball games without having to discipline or make lunches.
Auntie Laurie and Baby Hadley totally in love with each other
It is horrible that Josh Hamilton wrecked his arm and will be out for two months. Texas fan or not, you've got to love this guy. On happier fronts, we are having fun (freezing our tails off) watching Wilson's baseball team this spring. I maintain that there is very little in this world cuter than a baseball team of eight year-old boys.
I feel sorry for our Bishop, who has to have major knee surgery this summer. However, because of this, Zane and I get to take his and his wife's place on the Trek. Yee-haw! I am already picking out the calico for my dress and bonnet! .
We finally got modern and bought an awesome (huge) TV. We are slowly figuring out how to manage all the remotes (4) and are feeling cool. Unfortunately, now when I do my 30-Day Shred dvd I have to listen to Jillian yell at me in stereo and watch her shoot daggers out of her eyes at me in HD.
It was so much fun to have a girl's night out that included my daughter for the first time. Mom, Laurie, Eliza and I went to see True Grit. I loved it even more the second time. Eliza got a kick out of it and it is fun to do grown-up things with her now. Too bad that later that night something wicked this way came and settled in her gut for 24 hours. Poor girl. She and the cold floor next to the toilet were one for a lot of the night.
"You are not La Boeuf"
3 comments:
That was a perfect weekend! Eating out every meal, holding that baby, and parking my behind on your couch. Thanks for having me :-)
I loved spending time with just your kids though I don't think my kids will let me leave them behind again...
Yes, love that movie so much! And that baby is SO GORGEOUS!
And the trek...awesome!! That is exciting!
You two will love the "Trek" and don't let anyone tell you that you can't bring your chapstick and sunglasses ecause the pioneers didn't have them :) Love the picture of Laurie and Hadley. I just turn the sound way down on that DVD...she can be pretty annoying!
Post a Comment