
I am a sucker for M&Ms. The plain ones, too, not so much peanut, and definitely not almond or peanut butter or dark (who on earth came up with those, thinking they would be a hit?) I know that they are not great chocolate, or sophisticated by any means, but I just like them. I like how little they are and I like the sound they make when they click together.
But the thing is, I would never go into a store and buy a regular sized (or, Heaven forbid, King-sized!) bag of the little guys. That would be buying a candy bar. I always buy the giant bag, and only in holiday colors. For some reason that seems like a justifiable reason to buy 2,000 calories worth of candy. I think I will go home and empty the contents of the bag into a cute bowl--maybe red and green M&Ms into a quaint Christmas-y bowl, or maybe red, pink and white ones into a heart-shaped dish for Valentine's day. And maybe I won't eat them, I'll just enjoy how cute they look. You get the picture. But the truth is, if I did that, they would be GONE in about three minutes. Everyone in this house loves chocolate (even though Zane won't admit it) and we would dig into the cute bowl everytime we passed by. I once babysat for a family in Seattle who had a dish of candy that sat around, uneaten, for so long that the chocolate WENT BAD. I honestly didn't know that was a possiblity. That is not an issue in our home.
So Halloween stuff is already in the stores and when I was in Target a few days ago I thought I would pass right by the bags of brown and orange M&Ms because they're old news, and I have come to terms with the fact that they wouldn't be around long enough for anyone to admire the cute-ness of having Autumnal candy displayed. However, this year the Halloween ones are purple, green, orange and black. The NEW, COOL and MORE MODERN Halloween colors. I totally fell victim to the marketing scheme and the giant bag is now opened, hiding in a Target bag in my closet so Wilson won't gobble them down while I'm in the shower or reading blogs...So really, I'm the only one who gets to delight in the new palette, but it is really cool...
5 comments:
Why are we such suckers for cuteness? I am going to go and get a bag of those :-)Maybe there is something I can spray over the top so they really are just for looks..hairspray? sunscreen?
I thought you were sucker for peanut M&Ms like me...I didn't know you liked the plain ones.
I'm not a fan of the modern colors. Simple orange and black for me please. Can't wait for the red and green xmas ones!
Carly, you sound hurt that I like the plain ones better! I'm sorry! :)
I stolled through target last night and saw a scantily laden shelf of the holiday m&ms. Only the dark and a couple of Autumn mix were left. I bought a bag in tribute to your blog. The scariest thing I saw were pastel FlORAL leggings! Exactly like the ones I wore when I was pregnant with Katie. Right there in the junior dept. Go look for yourselves. I embarrased Maddie by exclaiming loudly about the leggings. Yeah early nineties!
I know! Carly and I saw ACID WASHED tight-legged jeans at Target. Blech!
Post a Comment