

Wilson is our scientist. While I have spent nine years reading story books, and now novels, with Eliza, Wilson couldn't be less interested in "stories". He wants the facts. He wants to know how long it will take for the vegetation in our yard to turn into coal, how the gears on his bike work and how the water goes through the pipes (luckily for him, we live in a home that is perpetually in a state of remodel so he gets to see first-hand the way the pipes work or don't work!). He knows the difference between spores and seeds, and has a pretty darn good grasp of the concept of evolution. He can't decide whether he wants to be a paleontologist, geologist, volcanologist or archeologist. He also loves the planets and stars, and the best part is hearing him wonder about all these things and then say that Heavenly Father must be pretty cool and smart to have thought it all up. I agree!
3 comments:
Mini-grandpa Allen :-)
He's so smart and I'm embarrassed that he'll be correcting me one day
He and Morgan are cut out of the same cloth. Morgan's 5th grade teacher requires them to record the genre of all the books they read, so far this school year he has 8 informational and 1 historical fiction. I need Wilson to teach my 1rst graders how to draw and label the solar system!Smart boy
Post a Comment