Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Fourteen years ago today Zane and I got married. We met each other less than three months before that, and didn't spend any significant time together until about six weeks before our wedding day. I have claimed that it was love at first sight, but also truthfully noted that I think God knew that Zane and I were two people who never stayed in one place very long, never made commitments past the next weekend, and, in general, liked to keep our options open. So we fell hard and fast and were married on the 10th day we had ever spent together. (We also got into an argument over lunch about an hour before we got married. We were eating on a deck at a restaurant and Zane wouldn't trade places with me so I could be in the shade. I remember thinking, "Should this be a deal breaker??")

Fourteen years, eleven moves, five states, four Subaru wagons and two darling kids later, we are living our ideal life and are sure grateful to have found each other. Happy Anniversary, Zane!



When Eliza was about four years old she saw my sister Laurie's bridal portrait and was enchanted. She asked to see mine, and I had to lamely explain, in four year-old terms, that Daddy and I eloped, and were married wearing t-shirts and shorts. I tried to make it sound better by reminding her that a year later we were married again in the temple, but the pictures from that day are after the fact, and I'm wearing a green corduroy dress (hey, it was 1996) and she was not impressed. Known for her skill to translate any situation into art, Eliza quickly whipped up this picture for me, in the absence of my own bridal portrait. I love it, and it hangs in our bedroom today. Thank you, Eliza!

3 comments:

LaurieJ said...

BEST.PICTURE.EVER!!!

Happy Anniversary!

grandma K said...

Happy Anniversary! Has it really been 14 years? I'm so glad you found each other and have those 2 beautiful kids.

Carly G. said...

Happy Anniversary! I agree with mom, where have the 14 years gone?
I love you guys so much. You have a beautiful family and you are such and inspiration for Levi and me.
Thanks for being such a great sis!