Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Last December I wrote about how I was trying to obtain a positive perspective when it was 5 degrees outside. Well, the pendulum is swinging and it is so darn hot that we haven't voluntarily left the house in three days. I was glad to see that Rhonda H. said she was too hot even to blog. It justified my laziness! The air conditioner hasn't stopped running, even at night, and my family is living on sandwiches and bowls of cereal for fear of raising the temperature by turning on the oven. In June, when we had experienced an unusually cool month, I complained that I wouldn't be sufficiently sick of the summer to face September. No problems there.

Last night we enjoyed a late-evening picnic (we figured that 90 degrees was better than 101 degrees) with our good friends, the Christensens. We knew Rob and Sarah in Seattle and had our first babies together. We were thrilled when they also left the Emerald City for the City of Trees! Eliza and Wilson are still talking about how much fun they had with 'the red headed kids'. :) A cuter family you'll never find. My wasp sting aside, it was a nice evening to forget the heat and impending first day of school!

No comments: