Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Post Christmas Crash

It's like it never happened...
The tree is on the curb, the tiny little pieces of styrofoam have been vacuumed...and vacuumed again. The peanuts, Hershey's kisses and oranges have been devoured, and the new toys, books and other gifts have all found their new places in our home. It felt strange putting the Nativity away. "See ya later!" seems inappropriate, as I close the lid on the Holy Family until next year. So, also, did packing up our many many Christmas CDs and children's books. Like we used them for a month, and now we don't need them anymore.
One of our Bishops once suggested keeping a "piece of Christmas" around all year long. Just as a little reminder. I'm going to have to think about doing that. And maybe reading Luke 2, all on it's own, not in December. Like six months from now, when we have Family Home Evening at 9pm, after spending the day at the swimming pool and on our bikes. Just as a little reminder.

2 comments:

grandma K said...

I think Christmas music and stories are more special BECAUSE they are only once a year. I'm in the middle of putting away christmas tonight. Sad.

Heather C. said...

Yeah, you're right, Mom.