It is a sad day here in Boise. Our beloved neighborhod Elk-Cow is dead. For those who don't know about him, he was a gorgeous Elk who preferred to hang out with cows than his own species. Rare was the day that I would drive by the field where he lived and cars weren't pulled over snapping photos of him. Each year he would grow an impressive rack and then one day during the winter, it would be gone, and he would be harder to spot amongst his bovine friends. What a loss! Goodbye El-moo! (And BOO! to the chump who shot him!)
Thanks for the pics, Andrea!
3 comments:
I'm still in shock about that poor thing. I loved seeing him and I know he had become a Boise treasure. Why someone felt it necessary to kill a tame creature I'll never know.
I loved seeing him when I was running. Poor guy. We had a cat that hung out with the chickens. We called it chicken-cat. I got the impression he thought the chickens were his family.
Someone shot him! What a creep (I'm actually thinking of another word) Hope they find who did it and throw him in jail.
Post a Comment