Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wish Lists

Our kids are finalizing their Christmas wish lists this week. Wilson, in particular, is making sure his requests are perfectly understood--he has hand written a list, typed and re-typed another list and finally, today, printed The Perfect Wish List. While Eliza's list is fairly straight forward--a Wii, a dog (ha!), simple things like that, Wilson's says things like, "Star Wars Separatist (he spelled it separatits--heh heh) Spider Droid", "Imperial Dropship" and other items that I don't understand. Thank goodness for amazon.com

I was recently given a letter to Santa that one of my aunts wrote fifty or so years ago. She wrote that she would like a doll and other cute girlie things and then wrote that her brother, Gordon (my dad), would like a sled. At the end of the letter, in my dad's handwriting, it says, "and an Army Pistol at Penney's in Roosevelt, Utah". I love it!

Here is my 2009 wish list:

Dear Santa,

For Christmas this year, I would like

* For people to stop looking up old flames on the internet and then leaving their families for them.

* A magic *pause* button for whenever my kids fight with each other so I can gather opinions and information on how best to handle the situation before I react.

* A secret magic carpenter elf to come into my home and finish my basement while I sleep.

* For the Pepsi bottling plant to burn to the ground and for the owners to decide it's not worth rebuilding.

*To have everyone in the world see how nice the inside of the homeless shelter here in Boise looks, with beautiful quilts on every bed, made by the awesome Relief Society sisters in this valley.

* These:


* For Glenn Beck to stop giving his religion a bad name.

* The ability to knit well.

* The body I had when I was eighteen (and didn't appreciate it.)

* This:


(Did I just say that out loud?)

* But really, if I can only have one thing this year, it will be to feel adequately grateful for everything that I have. Some days I complain, but it's hard during Christmas time to be unhappy about much.

3 comments:

Carly G. said...

Cute post :)

grandma K said...

It was so great to see you and spend some time with your family. Thanks for being willing to spend the time and $ to come down!!

jayna said...

Thanks for the numero uno!!! You are a good friend. Tyler is always amazed at how much we are able to cover in our 3 minute conversations twice a week! :)

ANd I was dying over the hidden presents- I've never thought of that being an issue! Good luck! (and I bet ms. Eliza was like DOH!)