Saturday, January 10, 2009

Best of Eric's 2008

If you haven't discovered Eric D. Snider, do so now. He is a movie critic, society critic and all-around super funny sarcastic guy. His movie reviews are usually right on (meaning I agree with them), and his weekly Snide Remarks are great. This week is his re-cap of his best of 2008 remarks. This snippet is my very favorite. I wish I could say that Mike Huckabee really said this, but it was just Eric, pretending to be crazy old Mike Huckabee.
"The United States is a Christian nation. It always has been. All of the candidates in this election are Christians, though of course I have to put sarcastic finger quotes around the word "Christian" when I refer to Mitt Romney. Oh, I know he SAYS he's a Christian, in the sense that he worships Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. But we true Christians know that there's a lot more to being a Christian than merely believing Jesus is the son of God, praying in His name, and seeking to follow His teachings. Being a true Christian also means home-schooling your children, fearing science, and hating foreigners. And in those areas, my friends, Mitt Romney falls short."

1 comment:

LaurieJ said...

“I pray that one day we may live in an America where Christians can worship freely, in broad daylight, openly wearing symbols of their religion, perhaps around their necks. And maybe - dare I dream it - maybe one day there could even be an openly Christian president. Or, perhaps, 43 of them. Consecutively.” — Jon Stewart
Love that funny one too :-)
Huckabee is nuts & Eric is the best. His old Daily Herald stuff is still my favorite though