Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Birthday, Laurie!





My little sister Laurie turned 33 today! Happy Birthday! I could probably come up with thirty-three things I love about her, but in the interest of space, your attention spans and the cleanliness of my house, I will settle for three!
1. Laurie gets things done. She is one of those people that you admire, knowing that if she is supposed to do something, it will get done and it will get done well.

2. Laurie is the only person you know who can eat a burger and fries, top it off with a Huckleberry shake from Arctic Circle, stay up watching a movie and then run a marathon in about 3 1/2 hours the next morning.

3. You know in the movie Tombstone, when Doc Holliday says to Wyatt Earp, "Wyatt, you're an oak."? That is how I feel about Laurie. She has strong faith, convictions, morals and opinions. For good or bad, you can't budge her.

Have a great day Laurie! I love you!

1 comment:

LaurieJ said...

That made me cry! Thank you!! There are also tears about Layden coming home safe!!! So happy about that :-)