I had a particularly difficult weekend, in the parenting department. I felt that every action I took (or didn't take) was wrong. My kids ran the show. Sunday night I felt like a steamroller had passed over me. I think the trouble was that my parenting philosophy this weekend was along the lines of this:"Parents are not interested in justice. They are interested in QUIET." -Bill Cosby
When it should have been this:
"No teaching is equal, more spiritually rewarding, or more exalting than that of a mother teaching her children." -Boyd K. Packer
Or this:
"Three influences in home life awaken reverence in children and contribute to its development in their souls. These are: first, firm but Gentle Guidance; second, Courtesy shown by parents to each other, and to children; and third, Prayer in which children participate." -David O. McKay
But I think I'll shoot for this one today:
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted." -Garrison Keillor
3 comments:
and THAT is the reason I RUN! :D I burn off parenting frustration and GET AWAY from them for an hour. Results are... we all get to live to see another day! Your kids look very JENNINGS! Good looks apparently run in the family!
Am I going to hell if I rolled my eyes at one of those quotes? Probably huh.
This is an awesome post & I might have to steal that picture
If it was at one of the General Authority's quotes, then yes, I do believe you're going to hell. ;)
Post a Comment