Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Family Tree

Charles Phillip Ingalls
Dang, no wonder Laura always talked about Pa's whiskers!

Family history is fascinating to me. I have always felt a strong connection with my ancestors, and I love reading stories about their lives. I have tried to instill a spirit of genealogy in my kids. They are about as interested as one might expect any ten and six year-old to be (they perk up when they hear things like one of their ancestors being kidnapped by Gypsies on her way to Utah) but they have certainly had their interest piqued when we recently discovered that Zane's fifth great-grandparents (Ezekiel Colby and Sarah Fowler) are Laura Ingalls Wilder's second great-grandparents (Pa's maternal great-grandparents). How cool is that?

3 comments:

LaurieJ said...

Carlie is so jealous of this fact!
She talks about it on a consistent basis :-)
It is very cool...

jayna said...

That is sooo awesome! As a person who spent much of their childhood with buck teeth and two brown braids, I am pretty sure I am related somehow to Half Pint too! :)

grandma K said...

Holy Whiskers! Little house still my favorite books.