BBQs, yard work, baseball, swimming, sleeping in, bike rides to the farmer's market...ahhh, summer.We have an annual tradition of making a giant list of things we want to accomplish over the summer. These are fun times and we usually get everything crossed off the list. Here is a sampling of this year's.
1. Float the river
2. Go to a Hawk's game
3. Go to a SL Bees game
4. Collect all the prizes from the library's summer reading program
5. Hike to the cross
6. Go to (me: endure) Lagoon
7. Hold a bake sale (Eliza makes incredible money doing this...)
8. Go to the water park
9. Camp at Redfish Lake (at least once!)
10. E&W run the St. Al's 1 mile race
11. Make tie-dye t-shirts
12. Host the best neighborhood 4th of July BBQ party eh-ver
My own personal list of summer goals involves less exciting efforts like making sure both kids can still read by the end of the summer, getting to bed before 2am, to not give up on my garden in the middle of August and to cook dinner more than twice a week. Other than that, I'm happy to read a few good books and watch my kids run through the sprinklers.
3 comments:
Did you just say you have to ENDURE Lagoon?? Opening to closing baby :-)
Just no two hour sweaty pioneer picture this year!
I say "endure" because the older I get the more sick I get on the rides. I actually lost my lunch after getting off the Magic Carpet last time...
I still love the trashy crowds and smell of Lagoon, though!
Your list is wonderful!! I love your yard and your garden. I remember you getting sick at Lagoon (very un Jennings like).
Post a Comment