Sunday, May 24, 2009

If You Give Eliza an Empty Box...

You've heard people say that if you give a girl a stick she'll make a baby doll or a broom or something girly out of it, and if you give the same stick to a little boy he'll surely make it into a make-believe rifle? Here is Eliza, illustrating this principle in real life with the box that my new (very awesome) vacuum came in yesterday. She made short work of turning it into a little crafting and relaxing station. I did have to say no to her idea of covering it in wrapping paper. Shortly after I took this picture, she hauled the whole thing out into the front yard to bask in the sun while she read her book.

3 comments:

LaurieJ said...

Wait...I'm still stuck on the sentence that you got a new vacuum!!
Oh, and that is an awesome relaxation station :-)

Carly G. said...

This is a great idea! Way to go Eliza :)
What is it about large boxes that are so magical??

grandma K said...

I remember Carly and Michelle making a candy store out of a huge box when they were about 7. They made some money! What kind of vacuum??