Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

"This Mother's Day I will not focus on the impossible dream of a quiet relaxed day filled with children getting along and the house staying clean (which as long as Mom's day is on a Sunday will never happen) or a husband falling down to kiss my feet for birthing his children. I am going to focus on just how lucky I am to get to be a mom. I will be proactive and get the house cleaned today so I don't stand around in tears tomorrow thinking that, for some reason, on this day, it should magically dust itself. I will sit down and play a game with my kids and not just send them off to play Memory or some.com that I don't have to participate in.When they fight- which they will- I will try to focus on the melodious sound of voices that echo through the halls of my home and know that someday it will be too silent for my taste. I am going to focus on the immeasurable gift that being a mother is. And as I get my cute cards with delightful grade school writings, the flattery's, and the sweet loves I am going to do my best to express that I am the one who is thankful. That I am in constant awe of them.I shout with joy that I get to be a part of their lives. That the knowledge that someone up above has entrusted them to me is both daunting and priceless. Tomorrow will not be filled with a disappointing lack of harmony and cleanliness. It is going to be a day of celebration. I get to love, discipline, cherish, cry over, cry with, teach, mold, comfort, be comforted by, and just enjoy the beauties that are mine.All mine."
(From my sister, Laurie, who took these words right out of my mouth!)

1 comment:

grandma K said...

Thanks for letting me be a part of your Mother's day! It was fun and the food was wonderful! You are a fantastic Mom. Love you!!