I try to teach my children that frugality is a good thing. They know to look for things that are on sale and that, for the most part, I don't ever buy things impulsively (unless it involves quilting fabric or Barnes and Noble). They know that I prefer Blue Sky Bagels over another restaurant because our entire family can eat lunch there (soup included!) for under $10. And they heard me say, more than once over the past few days, "Yay! Rain! Free water!"
So I don't know if these conversations with Wilson were a result of my penny-pinching ways, or simply the ideas of a funny little boy.
*****
Me: What should we take the Hawkins for dinner? (Our friends who just had a new baby)
Wilson: Top Ramen. And Cheetos.
*****
Me: What should we have for snack in art class today?
Wilson: The playdough. (That we had just made for the art project)
Me: *snort*
Wilson: What? It's edible, isn't it? And we already have it!
2 comments:
He probably just loves top ramen and cheetos! Playdoh, though?
You can let Wilson know that if Emma is ever sick, he could bring her a meal of top ramen and "puffy" cheetos. That is her kind of meal!
Post a Comment