Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Quick! Blog Now!

I am trying to appreciate this time that my babies are at school, and use it productively, instead of sitting on my bed weeping. So, I have decided (and, for you ladies who had this revelation long ago, hold your laughter), I am going to get all my mommy work done while my kids are away, so that I'm not too busy to hang with them when they get home. So, I have THREE minutes to blog. Then I have forty-five more minutes to finish getting preschool ready for our big first day tomorrow. Then I have an hour and a half to finish laundry, the bathrooms, and my bedroom. Phew. Fly Lady, you're my best friend.
You know those posts that are all about A Few of My Favorite Things? Well here is a post that could be titled Here Are A Few Things That Make Me Crazy With Frustration and/or Anger:
1. When I was leaving the grocery store this morning, a mommy was pushing her cart with an infant carseat in it. The mommy took one last drag on her cigarette before tossing it ON THE GROUND and then blew the smoke right ON TO HER BABY.
2. Idaho has opened a wolf hunt. Seriously. A species which was listed as endangered several years ago seems to just be doing so well that we are now selling permits to SHOOT THEM. There was a picture posted on the local news site yesterday of the first one to go. I was amazed at how smug the hunter looked, holding the dead wolf in his arms. Really? That's fun? It looked like someone's pet.
3. And speaking of the wolf hunt, this clown told the media that if there were President Obama tags for sale he would buy one. SERIOUSLY. Can't you be at least bullied by Secret Service for saying something so lame? And this is a man who wants to be Idaho's next governor. Go Rex! Way to bolster Idaho's reputation! I thought the white supremacists were taking care of that already.
Ok, I'm calm again. And so looking forward to my cute preschool class coming tomorrow. And Labor Day weekend to sleep in again. I miss it so...

3 comments:

Carly G. said...

The wolf hunting makes me absolutely sick. I can't even think about it without getting very angry. As for that %$@( who wants an Obama hunting tag, he says it's the liberal media that's spinning his comments and making him look bad. HUH??!

Tonia Z said...

I love FLY-LADY!! You guys have your Idaho "village idiots" and we have our version down here. We had an assembly today at school (Timpanogas story telling festival), and a TON of parents came and checked their kids out before the assembly thinking that just MAYBE we were going to show Obama's address that he made to students across the nation.

Heather C. said...

What's the deal with that? I didn't agree with the Bush administration's way of running things, but I wouldn't have marched down to the school to check out my kids if he was speaking on EDUCATION. Weird.