Meanwhile, my crazy runner sister qualified for the Boston Marathon today after finishing the St. George marathon in 3:45. Amazing, if you ask me. Ask her about her newest running-related injury. It's pretty special---the details of which she might only share after you take a vow of silence.
Meanwhile, my pregnant sister's pants are getting tight and she's craving tuna fish. These are good things, as it means her body is liking being pregnant this time. Yay!
Meanwhile, I realized how much I love my children this week when I willingly bought my son the ugliest pair of pajamas you have ever seen (Star Wars Clone Wars print, from WalMart--blech and double blech) and spent a significant amount of pocket change to have Eliza's violin bow fixed because I knew it would make them happy. Maybe that's when you know you're a parent--when you are completely happy to sacrifice something of your own (money, time, *pride*) for them. And maybe sacrifice is the wrong word, because sacrifice sounds like something hard. I loved Elder Bednar's talk today about love in the family. I know it was deeper than this, and I'll read it over again soon, but I came away from it with the lesson that my kids might not remember what I said, but they'll sure remember how I made them feel. Check that.
The boy in his PJs with a smile that made my day
2 comments:
YAY... you opened comments again! I definitely want the recipe to dough gobs! (tonia.k.ox@gmail.com). I'm SO stoked for Laurie. Very cool. And the pj's... my son's response was "SWEET". Boys.
I gave into the ugly clothes when I bought Carlie her teletubbie moon boots 10 years ago and am looking at a pair of Dora velcro's as we speak :-)
Thanks for the shout out and that is definitely a vow of silence injury....
Post a Comment