Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thanks for the Warm Fuzzies

Beautiful East Boise

I was reading today in the Doctrine and Covenants, and glanced at a verse I have underlined. This is what caught my eye: "And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things...". I realized that I have been basking in warm fuzzies for the past twenty-four hours, but haven't given thanks where thanks is due for the many things that make me happy.

Eliza danced in a phenomenol performance last night. She was beautiful and the Irish music and step dancing were too. As I sat, listening to the bagpipes and to the hard shoes clickety-clacking all over the stage, I thought to myself that there isn't anywhere in the world I would have rather been last night.

Irish Dance Idaho

Today was our children's annual Primary program in church. I know their teachers and music leaders work very hard on this all year long, and it was great. The kids looked happy and knew all the songs. It also happened to be Wilson's first time participating in the program. Before now, he had always politely declined his one-line parts... Uncle Levi came to watch, and that was much appreciated by all of us. Thanks Levi!

The weather has been perfect, and as I hiked up into the foothills yesterday morning, (giving silent thanks for my healed knee), and looked out over the city, I was again thankful that I live in such a wonderful place, with a ward, neighbors and friends who couldn't be nicer. I felt much gratitude for everything I have.
I stumbled upon a fun blog, and I echo her feelings--"I blog for therapy, posterity and fun". I hope my words reflect all of that, and that I never forget to give credit where credit is due.

1 comment:

LaurieJ said...

I love the new layout!

That view from the foothills makes me want to come and visit!