My daughter said something today that I am still shaking my head over. Maybe the juxtaposition of the serious setting we were in made it all the more weird and funny. Eliza and I were at Carly's side in the hospital this morning, while she had yet another ultrasound to search for *something*. It was not to be, and very sad. (Although, I have to jump in right here and say that I am very proud of my baby sister and her husband for how strong they are, and how well they are handling another round of bad news. {love you guys!} )Eliza looked over at me in the dark and quiet room and said, "Mommy, if all of the sudden Jason Varitek was standing on the front porch playing the bagpipes and handed you a Caesar salad would you be really happy?"
I'm not kidding. As I composed myself after almost choking on my gum I asked her why on earth she would say such a random thing. She said, very matter-of-factly, "Those are your favorite things."
Well, by golly the girl's right.
3 comments:
Sorry about Carly.
Something so sad and something so funny altogether in one post...
That girl cracks me up!! Anytime you need to be cheered up, Eliza is the chick to be with. Give her a big hug from me :)
Post a Comment