Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Twins? What twins?

We returned today from a trip to Utah, and as I was catching up on the blogs I follow, I read an especially cynical description of Thanksgiving. Something about Quakers killing Indians (uh, pretty sure the Pilgrims were Puritans...) and how America notches up it's spot as most obese nation by the end of Thanksgiving weekend. Well, say what you will, but my family and I had the most fulfilling four days. We were around almost everyone we love, learned new things, grew our testimonies of gospel principles, and celebrated traditions that make us closer as a family and full of happiness.



So there.


Look at these lovely ladies in the kitchen. What great food, conversation and relaxing. Perfect.


We spent Saturday afternoon with my Mom on Temple Square. I hadn't ever seen the movie about Joseph Smith playing there---it was life-changing. I hope my kids felt the same way.


Elle, Lincoln and Grace. Our favorite pit stop in Bountiful. I wish I had taken a picture of Eric cooking our delicious breakfast this morning. He is master in the kitchen. And somehow, we always come away from Melissa's and Eric's with a carload of great stuff. Gorgeous herbs, sacks of potatoes, cool gifts and yummy treats. Thanks, guys!


We stopped off in Twin Falls to see the temple there.


I feel sorry if there are some who didn't have as special a time as I did this weekend, and who feel the need to resort to cynicism. I know history can be skewed, and that not everything always makes perfect sense the way we would like to say it does. But I can say that I love to celebrate this time of year, and that I am thankful for everything in my life because wonderful or hard, lovely or trying, it all comes from God. I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Nancy T said...

well-said, Heather. You are such a wonderful mommy, daughter, sister and niece. I love you.