Monday, January 25, 2010

...and speaking of my husband

My sister alerted me to the existence of a blog that could have been written by *me*. It's called 'Sleep Talkin' Man' , the collection of the bizarre nighttime ramblings of a man, chronicled by his wife. (Beware that some of the content isn't for little ones or anyone offended by the F word...although this guy is British, so doesn't that make it sort of ok?)

Well, I happen to be married to a sleep talkin' man. Zane has provided me with tons of late-night laughs, as he says the strangest things when he tosses and turns during the night. I sure wish that I had kept a journal of these little Z-isms, because they are truly precious. Here is a little sampling of what I get to hear every night.

"I sure hope the levees don't break"

"I hate these government jobs! There are too many rules!"

"Why is that frog on the sink?"

"A polar bear was coming to get me and you didn't even care"

"Oh yeah, that's what you think!"

Another even more exciting time was a few months ago when I was sitting up in bed reading and Zane sat up, looked around wildly and yelled, "Who? What?" and then just about knocked me out by elbowing me in the chest. I sputtered and cried and tried to get mad at him...but he had promptly fallen right back to sleep.

2 comments:

jayna said...

I think you should retire early one night, lie in wait for him by pretending to be asleep, and then once he is settled and lights are out, start "dreaming" and wack him repeatedly with your pillow sudden-like.

:)My kids are talkers. I'll go up to check on them and Grace and Carolina will be talking to each other in mumbles, sound asleep!

Carly G. said...

I can't wait to see more of those posted!! Poor Zane, he's been this family's entertainment for years :)