Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Happy 2010! That sounds soooo futuristic, doesn't it? We ate lots of yummy food last night, played games with our good friends Rob and Sarah and their cute red-headed brood, and stayed up until midnight. We didn't know this before, but when the clock strikes twelve, sweet little Wilson turns into a monster. Just try and ask him to brush his teeth at 12:04 a.m. It's ugly.
My resolutions for the new year are as follows:

1. Say "thank you" to my family more often than I say "How many times have I asked you..." and "Why on Earth didn't you..." and "If I have to tell you one more time..."

2. To quash my need to have some sweet with my salty.

3. Redo my kitchen. ("Go ahead and call me something. I'm re-doin' my kitchen" Name that quote for five points!)

4. Go a whole year without any library fines.

5. To read the scriptures at least as many minutes a day as I read novels. Somehow, over the past couple of years I have become closer to Wallace Stegner than to Nephi.

Wish me luck. I'll let you know next year how I did.

Or not, if the results are less than impressive...

3 comments:

Carly G. said...

"You're not one of those males that dresses up like a woman are you?" LOL! Man, I forgot how funny Arrested Development is.
I think these are great New Year's Resolutions! I'll have to come up with a few of my own. Let me help you with your kitchen...that could be fun!

LaurieJ said...

I'll help with your kitchen by taking your cute stuff off your hands!

jayna said...

Oh man- that last one has been on my "to-do" list year round with limited success. I have finally just realized that I'm never going to be a 2-hour scripture reader. I just need to get better at my 20 minutes- sheesh!

So, good luck! Tell me the secret to your successes!