We are loving our Wii. We have actually discussed changing the basement around so we would have more room for bowling strikes, smashing overhead lobs and hitting home runs. A few noteworthy details:
-I almost broke Wilson's fingers when I was trying to serve a red-hot ace to Eliza. Poor Wils walked into the path of my swing and I clocked him good with the Wii remote. I was so relieved to find that his hand was fine--I would have died of embarassment in the E.R., explaining what had happened.
-Turns out that Mommies can lose control of their bladder playing Wii tennis just as much as real tennis! Who knew??
-All this time we thought Eliza was a pacifist. Not so. She is a ruthless tennis player who uses smoke and mirrors to beat the pants off of her parents. This is not difficult, as mom and dad are pretty clueless about the remotes, numbers of players, stopping and starting and whatnot.
-Our collection of Mii characters includes Martha Stewart, Darth Vader, Grandma Katie, Mr. Beig (Eliza's 5th grade teacher--with and without his beard), all of our cousins, President Obama, and Albert Einstein.
The good part about this Wii business is that I believe Zane is a little more motivated to finish the basement so we can get everything hooked back up and have the space to box each other's ears!
3 comments:
Wait until your kids are begging you for a turn on Just Dance! I am the mom. Why is it still so hard to let them win?
I found myself standing in Wally-world in front of the Wii for an hour playing with my son. You'll have to keep me posted on which games are the best games. Thinking this is definitely on our 2010 Christmas list
I wonder how many Wii-related accidents do end up in the ER. Bet there are more than we think!
Post a Comment