The phrase--a picture is worth a thousand words--applies here. I won't bore you or my future posterity with a thousand, but just a few thoughts...
1. My daughter isn't a little girl anymore. One word: Tween
2. Ellie--Eliza's cute friend. Bubbly, happy, polite, creative, thoughtful. I thank my lucky stars for the good friends my kids have.
3. These girlies spent the afternoon "cooking". They spent all of about 45 seconds "cleaning up".
4. Check out the awesome Martha Stewart kitchen stuff I got for Christmas. Red and aqua melamine bowls, Silpat baking mat, super tough whisk, and a cookie scoop--for making perfectly uniform, Martha-approved cookies. All this cool stuff from our downtown Macy's, which is closing. More on that tragedy later.
5. The paint swatch on the wall. It's been more than a couple of months since I last repainted a room. I'm going to go from 'avocado' to 'grass'.
6. Eliza's Smurfette shirt. Funny how I used to love all things Smurf twenty-five plus years ago. Eliza has enjoyed my collection of little Smurf dolls (did I get any Cool Mom points for that??). I used to walk to Marion's drugstore in Roosevelt and buy them for $1.75.
7. We are fourteen months into Eliza's braces. The Orthodontist said two years. Eliza hopes and prays that that is pretty close to the truth.
8. This picture is only a couple of weeks old and already I look at it and hope that I didn't get too bothered at the mess they made, and that I enjoyed their laughter and creativity more than I worried about teaching them to clean up as they went along. I hope I appreciated everything that went into those goofy smiles.
2 comments:
I can't believe Eliza's had her braces on for 14 months already! Ellie is a very cute friend, she and Eliza are adorable together.
I like your last item...let's hope we all keep our perspective on the long term. Someday our kitchens will be nothing but clean, and it will break our hearts.
Post a Comment