Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fall in Boise


Eliza chasing our recycling bin as it blows down the street

Fall in Boise means leaves, leaves and more leaves. It ain't called the City of Trees for nothing. A few days ago I raked our front yard and filled several bags full of leaves. Minutes after I finished, a huge windstorm came through and blew twice as many leaves as I had just raked into the yard. I stood in the front yard, rake in hand, in disbelief. I told Zane about it later and he gave me the "duh" look and said that you don't rake the front yard, you just wait for the wind, and then the street sweeper, to take them away. Not sure I completely agree with that philosophy, but I got his point. Here are some photos of the windy chaos. (And by the way, Zane is in the back yard today raking and bagging the millions of leaves from our giant Oak tree!)

1 comment:

Carly G. said...

I love all the pictures you took of the leaves blowing. Fall in Boise is insane! There is a house just down the road from us that had 10 full leaf bags (the tall brown paper kind) It must have taken them forever!

PS Thanks for letting us play Loteria with Wilson and Eliza tonight. They seemed to like it as much as we do :)