Now listen to this: I have been reading through some family histories, and this is an excerpt from my Great-Grandfather's life history.
"When I reached the age of nineteen, the longing to see the great “outside” was so overwhelming that my parents finally consented to let me go to Park City, a mining town located between Heber and Salt Lake City. The Park-Utah mine had an opening for someone who was capable of driving eight head of horses and a wagon-load of supplies to the mine’s headquarters. I told them that I was the man they were looking for, although handling that many horses along the steep and winding roads of that area was one experience I had never anticipated. Lady Luck rode by my side, and I was able to work there..."
Isn't it too bad Levi can't walk into this store, with an easy John Wayne swagger, give the boss a manly handshake and say, "I'm your guy. When do I start?"
I know life was back-breaking hard ninety-five years ago, but wouldn't it have been so much simpler?
4 comments:
The process is so impersonal. Levi would have a better shot if they could meet him and see how great he is in person, not email. Dan wouldn't have gotten his job at Micron if his mom hadn't known someone. He sent in his first application and it was never even looked at.
Too bad they don't live closer. My husband is looking to hire someone.
I can hear Levi saying those exact words too :-)
Levi is the kind of person anyone would hire after 2 minutes of talking to him. Praying is all I can do to help.
Post a Comment